The Democracy Fund Voter Study Group is a research collaboration comprised of nearly two dozen analysts and scholars from across the political spectrum offering new data and analysis exploring American voters’ beliefs and behaviors. The mission of the Voter Study Group is to help policy makers and thought leaders listen more closely, and respond more powerfully, to the views of American voters. We hope the study group’s research and analysis will help us understand each other and make our democracy more functional.
In June, the Voter Study Group released its first four reports based on a unique longitudinal survey commissioned by the group (www.voterstudygroup.org). Further quantitative and qualitative research will be commissioned in the future, which will be designed and analyzed by study group members.
The Project Manager is a contract role that will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the group’s research and communications, working closely with the Voter Study Group’s Project Director and Research Director, as well as the Democracy Fund communications teams. We anticipate that this will be a part-time contract position, but are open to explore different working relationships for the right candidate.
Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Participate in the research design process for new research commissioned by the Voter Study Group
- Ensure adequate input from members into the design of the original research
- Work with the research director on developing and finalizing research designs, including research questions and questionnaire
- Work with members of the study group to conduct in-depth analyses of commissioned research
- Edit papers written by study group members and solicit feedback from study group members
- Work with members of the communications team to design and publish papers written by the group
- Present research findings to key audiences
- Coordinate with the communications team on outreach to media and other key audiences to disseminate research findings
- Coordinate with the communications team on the development and maintenance of the project web site
- Produce content for the project web site to communicate new findings
- Organize events to support dialogue among the Voter Study Group
- Manage the planning and orchestration of public facing events with media and other leaders to discuss and disseminate research findings
Study Group Management
- Maintain communication among members of the study group
- Support recruitment of new members of the study group
- PhD in political science, public policy, or related field
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, including an ability to use statistical programs to organize and analyze large amounts of data
- Familiarity and experience with a range of statistical techniques, including multiple regression analysis
- Significant experience in the design of public opinion research
- Experience with publishing academic research
- Willingness to work with scholars from across the political spectrum
- Professional maturity, high sense of personal responsibility and integrity, proven ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Attention to detail, including exacting standards to maintain accuracy and impartiality in all work products
- Flexibility and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team
- Deep passion for strengthening American democracy
- The position is based in the Washington, DC, area.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their interest in the position and the organization and resume. No phone calls please.
The Democracy Fund is committed to a diverse workplace, seeking voices and expertise from people from across the political spectrum. Our board, staff, advisors, and grantees include Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. The Democracy Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where we encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.